Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: Worry Free Life

I am breaking the rules of the "Top Ten" today. Because My answer is simple, and does not contain ten parts. And before, or after, or during (if you're that talented) you read my post..hop on over to BecKyle's list!

As a precursor, I would like to add that I do not mean "trouble free" or any variation of the word. I mean worry free. So without further adieu, here is the most important ingredient that I know of to have a worry free life.

The Gospel

I don't mean to be cliche, and I'm not just giving you some sort of "Sunday School answer" I truly believe that the most important element to being stress free is rehearsing the Gospel. Over and over and over aaaaaand over again. If you are grounded in the truth that is the gospel, not much can shake you. No, you should not become stagnant and never grow, but everything is and should be grounded upon the Gospel. It is like having a good stance in any sport. Yes, you do more than just stand there-but without that foundational piece, you won't get far. 

There are more components to being worry free, but I believe they all start there. Here's why:
  • If you aren't a Christian, you will have worry, and lots of it.
  • Your trust in God's sovereignty will increase! After all, worry is a lack of trust. 
  • Relationships will benefit positively if you are reminded of being saved from your sin-eliminating relational worry.
  • You will rest in your salvational security, and the power of God. 
  • You will have peace, understanding that this life isn't for you. And the ability to let go of things that are imperative to less stress.
  • Meditating on Gospel truths will cause you to be more aware of God's hand in your life, whether it be blessings or trials, and lead to rejoicing, thanking, and reliance. A.k.a prayer.
  • If you are rehearsing the Gospel to yourself constantly, one of those means is Scripture. The Gospel is all over in Scripture, and by exploring that you will discover more about the Savior you are focusing on!
  • Satan won't have as easy of a way in if you don't give him the chance. Overwhelm your mind with the good news and he won't easily get to you. 
I could go on and on, because really, most everything goes back to this.
1 Corinthians 15:3-4"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures" 

No comments:

Post a Comment