Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: Drama Free Life

Much alike a post from last December titled "Worry Free Life" I am going to take a different route this week. Be sure to check out BecKyle's list as well-she always has wise advice.

I'm a girl. I'm also a girl who went through Junior High. I am convinced (unless high school comes in first place for you) that there is not a more drama filled place than the halls of a Junior High. Everything seems like it is of the utmost importance-and anything gone wrong is the end of the world. I've had friends who did nothing but gossip, and know many people who thrive when things start to get dramatic. That is a fantastic picture of how I used to be. Since having gone through the discipleship process and begun the experience of sanctification, I am not that way near as much today. The foremost reason being-I tell myself this statement constantly.

God is in control, and in 100 years-it wont matter!

When I started being able to recognize that and bring to mind when things got dramatic-everything changed. Now I am learning how to have an eternal perspective. In  2 Corinthians 4:18 Paul is encouraging believers who are going through persecution by reminding them, "For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." Resting in Christ is so much easier when I am less consumed with the things of this world. It doesn't matter to me whether "so and so did this" or a day fell apart-because with my eyes on Jesus, it's all temporal. I have been memorizing in the book of 1 Peter, and this week's portion is coming to mind as I write this. It says "for All flesh is like grass, and all it's glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord remains forever." 1 Peter 1: 24. It reminds me that The Lord and His word are the only things that are eternal! So drama and worry in this life are of zero importance-especially in the grand scheme of things. 

                                                       The first thing I want to share with you about this journey is what CS Lewis said so true... your body houses the soul for this brief moment on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment