Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: My Idea of a Good Time

Happy Tuesday! I took a break from writing for the month of June while at Bible Camp, and now I am resuming! This week's topic-"My Idea of a Good Time"-has been lots of fun to write, and reminded me of things I enjoy doing! Make sure to hop on over to BecKyle's list as well!

1. Fire
I think I am one step healthier than a pyromaniac, because I absolutely love fire. Whether it is winter time and indoors, or a summer night with a bonfire..I enjoy being around fire. There's just a unity and intimacy that comes from a gathering around a fire, and there's a beauty in this element that God has made. When fire is the question, I always vote "yes".



2. Water
Yes, I put these two together purposefully. I feel like some sort of character from "Avatar: The Last Airbender" that I don't understand. Anyways, whether it be the lake or the pool or water games, I like playing in water. I think that no matter how old you are, you can have a good time and feel young when playing in the water.



3. Bible Time
There are so many different situations that can be spent with a Bible, and whether it is listening to a sermon or class, studying myself, or sitting at the table with my Dad..I absolutely love it. What's better than spending time in God's word?

4. Music
I enjoy belting out show tunes while cleaning. I enjoy dancing around the living room with my sister. I enjoy watching musical productions. I enjoy performing something I've worked on for months. Most things music related are fun for me.



5. Children
My gaggles and siblings are the best. I am quite contented when I get to play around with children. For example, this Sunday I got extra loves from the little ones at church. I have been gone for a while and missed them so much. Getting a bear hug from 4 kids at once makes my heart overflow.




6. Solitude
If you are familiar with the Meyer-Briggs Personality Test, I will tell you that my type is INFJ. Basically that means that I am an introvert, with extroverted qualities..but people drain me. And so I need solitude sometimes to feel sane. So I do things like reading or writing or even just watching Netflix to "charge" in a sense, and feel ready to be around other people.


7. Even though I live out of town, I love taking walks. Our house is off the highway, and so there isn't much opportunity for taking a walk there. But I really enjoy to be with few people or myself, and just stroll around outside. It's peaceful, and a way to worship the Lord through His creation.


8. Things that require strategy or brain power are fun for me. So whether that be watching a complicated and nerdy TV show, or a board game, or interior design (the way everything fits together is just like a puzzle to me), I like to use my brain.

9. There is something about putting on an apron and baking something delicious that makes me happy. Whether it is with my mom or little sister, or by myself, the process is enjoyable to me.

10. Last but certainly not least, I love to shop. But let me be more specific. I'm a frugal person and I don't like spending money very much, so getting an awesome sale, or going to an antique store, is just my cup of tea. If you are like me, you understand the excitement of getting an amazing deal! And of course if you go to a any kind of antique or thrift store, there are hidden treasures all over. It's something I will always enjoy doing.

Thanks for reading, I hope you had a good time! (See what I did there? :) ) Remember to read BecKyle's post now..and have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment