Thursday, January 16, 2014

To Whom it May Concern..Thank You!

Lately, I have often been reminded of how blessed I am. God has granted me with a billion and two things that I'll never deserve. But the blessing that has "stuck out" to me as of recent, is how many Godly women I have in my life. Seriously, it's incredible...there are so many of them. Whether it be my mom's best friend, or a lady who sits behind me in church, they are everywhere. I am so thankful and grateful for all of them. Because of the wonderful women that they are, I have prime examples of how a mother, wife, friend, and Christian woman should be. Nothing cookie cutter of course, but you can learn so much from observing a Godly woman and how she lives her life. I have never known so many examples of a Titus and Proverbs 31 woman as I do now.

When I think about this, it reminds me of the discipleship process, because..well that's what it is! I would disagree with someone who said that discipleship is strictly teaching the Bible. I believe that it can be more than that..someone who sets an example, or is a good role model for a life that strives to glorify God, I would definitely consider as a part of the discipleship process. In Titus 2: 1-9 it says "But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self controlled, pure, working at home, kind and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. Likewise, urge the younger men to be self-controlled. Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us." This is my reasoning for thinking that discipleship is also by example, "train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self controlled, pure, working at home, kind and submissive to their own husbands", part of achieving this is definitely examining and rightly handling the scriptures, but to live it out, examples are a big deal. I can say that I know many women who try daily to do those things (I mean I live with one :)) and that makes me more confident in doing so myself one day. I have seen what that looks like and I have seen it in many. If you are trying to learn how to do something, it is a thousand times easier if someone can show you how. Now I'm not trying to make it sound like if you've seen someone do something, than "viola!" you can too...but I am saying that to learn something, you need a teacher. God gave us the Bible, and he gives teachers to help us utilize and understand it, so we one day can continue the process.

This is why I am so vastly thankful for all of the amazing women I know and am learning from. I know that anytime I need it, there are many wise women that are happy to help. From kind gestures, to dedicating hours every week to teach me, someone is always around, and for that I feel so much gratitude. I am truly and greatly blessed. So if you're one of those women (I didn't name names, but I'm sure you know who you are) and you are reading this, THANK YOU! :) You will always be special to me, and I'll always be grateful for everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment