Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: Favorite Book Characters



I am a book worm, and happy to admit it :) seriously there are few activities I enjoy more than curling up with a book and a good cup (or five) of tea. So from my reading experiences, I have tried to narrow it down to 10 favorite characters. And remember, hop on over to BecKyle's post as well!



1. Jane Eyre
I absolutely love her story, and to pull out my favorite character it would be her. She is spunky and hilarious, yet humble and serving. Throughout a very twisted and unexpected life, she is a wonderful character.

2. Prince Athelbald
Much like Aslan in "The Chronicles of Narnia", Prince Athelbald represents Jesus. He comes from the story "Heartless", and it would not be even close to as lovely without such a well written role. The development of his character was interesting and well thought-out. Portraying patience, kindness, forgiveness, and love..Prince Athelbald is worthy of favor.

3. Melanie Wilkes 
My mom is a big fan of "Gone With the Wind", and I am as well. I was actually Scarlett O'Hara for Halloween... 
So it should come as no surprise that my name was inspired from the character Melanie. She is my favorite in the book for several reasons. A few of which are that she is very gentle, kind, and patient. 

4. Four :)
I could not resist listing this character in this position, for obvious reasons. Yes his name is literally Four, and he is actually climbing in popularity right now. The trilogy including "Divergent" "Insurgent" and "Allegiant" is where he comes from, and he is the male lead. I would be surprised to meet someone who did not love that character.

5. Betsie Ten Boom
She was indeed a character in a story, but she is also an actual person. She is Corrie Ten Boom's sister, and to sum her up in one word would be love. She loves Jesus intensely and that is evident. I want to be more like Betsie.

6. Mr. Darcy
Pride and Prejudice is an all time favorite of mine, so Mr. Darcy is like my favorite of my favorite concerning the realm of the story. Classics are wonderful and so is Mr. Darcy.


7. Severus Snape
Snape will "always" be my favorite..haha get it? Ah never mind :) He is generally hated because of his reputation for most of the books, but when you finally understand him, if you're anything like me, you will cry a river. Such a good storyline.


8. Roran Stronghammer
Somehow I could have grown up with a love of dragons and never read the "Eragon" series by Christopher Paolini...yeah I have no clue how. Buuuut I finally did as of recent, and out of the four, Roran is my favorite. I mean seriously the guy is a beast. 


9. Red
The book "Skin" by Ted Dekker is the most suspenseful book I've ever read. I love murder mysteries (if they are not too gruesome and tragic) because of the suspense and the puzzle-like storyline, and I was highly impressed by this book. It kept me on my toes and I could not figure it out for the life of me, the outcome was very interesting. Red is the murderer in the story, and of course I am not a fan of serial killers, but seriously the author did a fantastic job with writing this character, he is downright creepy.

10. Jay Gatsby
Last but definitely not least, Jay Gatsby. Need I say more? Nope I don't think I do. He's splendid. 

Having finally decided on 10, I'll probably decide others worthy in a few hours, buuut for the time being, here are my top ten :) don't forget to read Becky's as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment