Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: These Are a Few Of My Favorite Things

First and foremost I must address the elephant in the room. Yes, I know what you are thinking...
                                          
Okay, okay. I think I've gotten it out of my system. Anyways, this week's topic is (if you couldn't tell) "these are a few of my favorite things". After reading, be sure to hop on over to BecKyle's page to check out her list. Here we go!

                                            
Okay now I'm really done.. promise.

1. Mismatched Teacups
I have an affinity for teacups, but I prefer to have no two the same. There are so many different styles and designs to be found, so why not?

teacups

2. Rainy Days
Fall is my favorite season. And while I would hate to live somewhere rainy all the time, when a dreary day comes around I am elated. I love rain. Plus, they make the perfect day to cuddle up with a good book, never-ending cup of tea, and your favorite blanket.
The perfect day: Rain, coffee and a good book. www.espressoaffair.com

3. Wildflowers
There is something wonderful about wildflowers, and they are unique and special. Don't get me wrong, I love roses just as much as the next girl, but I would rather meander around and pick wildflowers, or get a bouquet that I'd never seen before. I think this comes from spending my days outside picking "weeds" in the summer by my house. What's more magical to a little girl than bunches of flowers, wherever you look, that you are free to pick?


4. Good Coffee 
I have chosen to remove myself from the "age old" debate about whether coffee or tea is better. That last sentence was a lie. I actually have come to the point of not being able to choose. Tea is more everyday for me, I drink it more often than coffee-but when I do drink coffee (still rather frequently) I enjoy it more. Regardless, good coffee is one of my favorite things.
Morning Coffee: Caffeine can inhibit cancer cell growth.

5. Old Books
If you don't pick up a vintage book and admire the smell of it...you are crazy. The scent, the feel, the beauty, and the imagining of it's past..are all reasons why I love vintage books. This is a sight I consider wonderful to behold.
I can literally smell the delicious, musty scent from these books through my phone. I ❤️ books.

6. Fairytales
Yup, that's me. Die hard fan of fairytales. I love em.
→ For more, please visit me at: www.facebook.com/jolly.ollie.77

7. Cozy Blankets
Aaah. Going back to the idea of a cup of tea, good book, and rainy afternoon...you must always have a cozy blanket.
The nights make you grab another blanket for the bed.

8. Filling up journals
To me, the best time for a journal is when it's newly gotten and completely blank, or when it is totally full.
Life is a Beautiful Place to Be: Journals, Journals, Journals -- love these!

9. Antique Stores
Even without intent of purchase, I love to roam through antique malls, or flea markets, thrift stores, etc..
Mid-Town Antique Mall, Stillwater MN  My sister bought a bunch of stuff here to ship to Virginia. Not sure if she comes here more to see me or the shops :)

10. Last but not least...God's grace.
Cause you know, without that Jesus guy I'd be doomed to say the least.
so thankful for His grace
One of my favorite songs...

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to check Becky's as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment