Wednesday, October 30, 2013

How Great is Our God

About a week ago, I watched a Louie Giglio video called "Symphony". If you've seen this video, you know that it is a very passionate and skillful representation on how we are all (including the stars and the whales and all of creation) joining together in a beautiful symphony of praise to the Lord. It has impacted me since the first time I saw an excerpt, but has been popping up in my mind more than usual this past week.

In the video, Louie does a mash-up of some incredible sounds from space and the voices of whales, and puts them under the song "How Great is Our God". That song is one of my favorites, and hearing them all together, is astounding. In my youth group band, we are singing that song, and since Youth Sunday is coming up, we have been practicing it more than usual. Every time I sing that song it leaves me in awe, we really all are contributing to this amazing song of praise. Louie states in the video, and I concur, that it's interesting to imagine how it must sound to Him, everything all at once, and that too, leaves me in awe. Something he points out as he is teaching, is that God does not need our voices, He doesn't need our praise. Being the D.R.F.S.S.S. that we are, He could have easily just flicked us out of the picture, and started over with something new. But He didn't, and that's what is incredible.

It also helps to think with more of an eternal perspective, if  you are picturing how things might sound to the God of the universe, then it's likely that your viewpoint will change. When your viewpoint changes, everything is different, and priorities take a turn as well. I have experienced that firsthand, and it is incredible how God can begin to show you that the little things, little problems, and little hassles in life, they really aren't that big of a deal. In 150 years, if it will not matter, then we should rethink our priorities. Even thinking about it more detailed these past days, has brought conviction, and I will be working on that. It amazes me how God works and designs, from majestic mountains, to conviction in my own heat, He truly is great :)

So here's the some links...and I would highly recommend you watch it! :)
Click here for the whole video :)
Click here for the shorter version :)

1 comment:

  1. One of the most awe inspiring videos I have ever seen! Left me speechless...and you have written a wonderful piece on it.

    ReplyDelete