Wednesday, November 27, 2013

An Ideal Tea Party

I've seen a writing prompt before, in several different slight variations, that says something like "suppose you're having a dinner party, what 5 people would you invite (dead/alive/fictional/real) and why?". Weeeeell I'd much rather have a tea party, especially given the people I would chose :) So here it is!

In no particular order, here is who I would invite to my Tea Party: C.S. Lewis, The Doctor (from Doctor Who), Corrie Ten Boom, Job (from the Bible), and Severus Snape (from Harry Potter).

My reasoning for each of them is...

C.S. Lewis: Such a profound and wise man, I would feel very honored to listen to. Just to read writing and quotes of his, inspire reflection and provoke thought. Honestly, if given the choice, I would want to have coffee with just him, I could just listen and listen, and no doubt ask questions. C.S. would definitely be a first choice of mine.

The Doctor: If anything can get me acting like a fan-girl, the Doctor would definitely be one of them. Not any actor that plays him, but the character itself. A madman in a blue box :) A man who has traveled space and time, fought countless evils, and saved so much good. With a painful past, but the strength to carry on. I would love to hear all about other worlds, creatures, and adventures...as well as the things that made him the way he is. If the Doctor were an actual man, he would certainly be at my tea party.

Corrie Ten Boom: This woman, was incredible. Read her book, it's called "The Hiding Place" seriously, read it. If you have a heart you will weep, but that's a small price to pay for all of the wisdom and good theology packed into that book. Reading it gives you a very incredible picture of God's sovereignty, but I can only imagine what it would be like to hear the stories from her first-hand, wow..just wow.

Job: Talk about a good example of thankfulness! I would love to hear from Job, post-whirlwind :) A very brief summary of the book of Job is: a man in a very deep grief because he has lost everything but his own life and his God, who basically whines and moans and grieves. He has four influences, three trying to convince him of theories they have as to why this has happened, and one who is rebuking all three. After many chapters of this, God appears in a whirlwind, and tells Job (in a very very light paraphrase) "Step up, be a man, and answer me when I speak to you",He challenges Job, and proves Himself the more powerful one and fully sovereign. It's a great book, one of my favorites, but I would just love to hear about how Job's life had been changed after witnessing God, firsthand, speak of his attributes, and going through so much for such a valuable lesson.

Severus Snape: I can honestly say that he is my favorite character of the Harry Potter series. I have not always thought so, because his true nature isn't revealed until the last couple books of the series, but overall, he definitely is. Such dedication, love, and sacrifice was displayed by him. But not only is he fictional, but he is dead *cue weeping*. Though, to hear his side of the story on more than was written in the stories, would make me so happy. My very favorite word of the entire series is "Always" and it is spoken by him...it can easily reduce me to tears. I grew up with the Harry Potter series, I can relate many times in my life to which one I was reading at the time, and I learned alot of valuable lessons from it. I would recommend anybody read them.


Now that I have described the best tea party ever...I'm probably going to think of more people that I deem more invite worthy than the ones before...but that's just my indecisive personality. So as of the moment, these would be the top five people I would want at my ideal tea party :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment