Wednesday, November 20, 2013

He is "Already There"



From where I'm standing
Lord it's so hard for me to see
Where this is going
And where You're leading me
I wish I knew how
All my fears and all my questions
Are gonna play out
In a world I can't control

When I'm lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there
You're already there
Standing at the end of my life
Waiting on the other side
And You're already there
You're already there


From where You're standing
Lord, You see a grand design
That You imagined
When You breathed me into life
And all the chaos
Comes together in Your hands
Like a masterpiece
Of Your picture perfect plan
When I'm lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there
You're already there

Standing at the end of my life
Waiting on the other side
And You're already there
You're already there


One day I'll stand before You
And look back on the life I've lived
I can't wait to enjoy the view
And see how all the pieces fit [x2]

One day I'll stand before You
And look back on the life I've lived
Cause You're already there
You're already there

When I'm lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there
You're already there
Standing at the end of my life
Waiting on the other side
And You're already there
You're already there
You are already there


Those are the lyrics to a song called "Already There" by Casting Crowns. Here's the link if you're interested in hearing it :) Click here to hear "Already There" You may be wondering why I chose this song, if it didn't already strike you as incredible. 

I believe there is a big problem today, with music. I'm not talking about how secular it is, or things like that (though those things are an issue). But I am talking about how people mindlessly listen. How many songs can you think of (I'm guilty as well) that you heard for the billionth time, knew most of the words, and were struck off guard to actually find out what it meant? I'm sure at least a few, and more that are unnoticed. Not only with songs that may be exalting things that are not worthy, or speaking wrongly of topics, but also with praise and worship songs. Sometimes there may be something incorrect, or even bad theology, and it's something to be cautious of. 

About a year ago, I started trying to pay more attention to what I was listening and singing along with. I have found a few songs that I caught a word or two in that didn't sit well with me, and I disagreed with. I am glad that I had been attentive enough to notice, because I'd much rather know, then sing word for word along with something that I actually did not believe. 

In my venture to make this change, I have come across several songs that are genuinely beautiful. I mean stop you in your tracks, think about it all day, beautiful. Meaningful and true and packed with good theology. This song would be one of them. It's incredibly comforting as well. 

I have put the words You're Already There in bold, every time they're said in the song. This emphasis is because it is such a true thing. God is already there. No matter what is going on in your life, no matter how hard things may be, and no matter how completely out of control they may seem, He is looking on it with a perfect plan, already ordained before you were even born. This perfect plan cannot be wavered or changed or altered. "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." Proverbs 19:21  We cannot do anything to mess up this plan, even being the D.R.F.S.S.S. that we are, we still cannot alter or change God's plan. I continue to be amazed at that fact, over and over. 

 There is another line that says "To you the future is a memory". How wonderfully and amazingly true that is. God knows what will happen. Destiny, fate, karma, all of those things are complete rubbish (oh I love that word). Now there are certainly things such as consequences, and God's plan for your life, but they are not random, or coincidences. God is in control. Bottom line. He is sovereign and powerful. The whole first verse reflects this thought. Even with the knowledge that God is in complete control, we can still forget, or push it to the back of our mind. Things can still be very hard, and when it seems there isn't a reason in the world, and it's all without intent, it's a good reminder. Because what could be more comforting than knowing that a perfect, patient, just, good, loving, and righteous God of the universe is in control, even of the difficult times.

Another noteworthy part of the song is "And all the chaos comes together in Your hands like a masterpiece, of Your picture perfect plan" this is yet another picture of God's great sovereignty. Picture perfect plan. I have to just let that soak in every time I think about it, wow. Anything that has ever or will ever happen to you is in the palm of His hand, and he uses it for His masterpiece, the further glorification of Himself. 

Casting Crowns have many other very true, beautiful and thought provoking songs, some of which are on the same album as this, "Come to the Well", and I would encourage anyone to listen. They are definitely a favorite artist of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment