Monday, August 18, 2014

Melany's Musical Mondays: To Love You Back




From the first sunrise you knew my name.
You knew I'd fail you over and over.
But you still loved me all the same,
you still loved me anyway.

(Pre Chorus)
The way you don't give up on me,
you've really got a hold on me.
You give me more than I deserve.
You've become my everything,
the only reason that I sing.
The beauty is you chose me first.
(Chorus)
And I still can't believe
 that you've loved me for eternity.
And what's so marvelous to me,
is that I finally get 
I finally get,
I get to love you (to love you back) 
I get to love you.
I get to love you, yeah I finally get, 
I finally get

I get to know you more and more
and make every single day about you.
I want to live like I can't afford,
to spend another second without you.

(Pre Chorus&Chorus)

To go back to the start, 
back when my heart first met you.
I heard you were good, 
but this is more than I expected.
So I answer the call, I will give you my all
and lay it at your feet.
I can't praise you enough, 
but I promise to give you my love.

(Chorusx2)


"To Love You Back" by Jamie Grace


May I just start with saying that the first time I heard this song I had goosebumps? And still get them...Have a listen and you will probably understand why.

The more and more I listen to Jamie Grace, the bigger of a fan I become. This girl loves Jesus and has a beautiful voice...aaaaand has good theology. In bold are my favorite lines and lyrics that scream Calvinism. From one Bible lover to another...thank you for the wonderful song. 

The very first lines speak of predestination and grace. Ah. But don't take my word for it..here's some Bible to back it up. "For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers." Romans 8:29 Aaaaand "For he says to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion. So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy." Romans 9:15-16 

He chose us before the foundation of the world. We can't do anything to earn it, but it will never go away. "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand." John 10:27-30

I just love what it says. And it's so true! Once your eyes are opened and you are granted salvation, you finally get to love Him back! No longer are you in your depraved state, but now being sanctified you get to enjoy Jesus! Heck yes!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment