Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: Favorite Meals


Who doesn't love food? Only the insane and the liars..that's who! So this week is dedicated to BecKyle and my's favorite meals! Yum Yum! So try not to reach for the fridge, and check out BecKyle's list when you're done reading!

1. My mom can make a killer Mexican dinner. You would think she was one of those incredibly talented little old Hispanic ladies! Seriously, some pork chili, Spanish rice, homemade re-fried beans and extra cheesy enchilada are just the ticket for about any day of the week. Delicioso!

2. I love Chinese food (at least the American definition) basically as a whole. From Panda Express to Wonderful House it's got my mouth watering. Naturally, a fan such as myself, FANcies (yes pun intended) a plate full of; lo mein, sweet and sour chicken, and fried rice. Deal with it.

3. Traeger grills (or any smoker/grill) may be one of the best inventions ever. When my dad slaps on some bacon wrapped filet mignon and my mom makes the best caramelized sweet potatoes in Nebraska..I feel like I could die on the spot.

4. One of them most scarring moments of my life was working the meat grinder while helping my dad and a friend process a pig. I'm a very sensory person, and the texture was just not for me. I will spare you the adjectives :). But alas, good did come from the situation, because the best burgers in the entire universe were created that day. I'm talking garlic sausage goodness in-between a bun. Yes you heard me right..absolutely scrumptious.

5. Many of my last birthday celebrations, and favorite summer nights ended with a cookout. I love sitting around a fire, and how much more fun it always is with food involved! The average, burger-hot-dog-potato-salad- baked-beans- and-original-lays-chips cookout is ideal for me. Nothing is more fun than the near perfect atmosphere, surrounded by friends, fire and food.

6. I can just picture that Cici's Pizza commercial "How do you like it? How do you like it? more more moooore". Truth is, I love pizza.

7. Homemade chicken and noodles, over mashed potatoes has a rather imaginative nickname at our house. We like to call it "starch-a-palooza"..and yes it is amazing.

8.My mom goes all-out on Valentines day with a gourmet meal and mouth watering deserts. It definitely makes the cut. My favorite part of it is the manacotti and post de creme. Which reminds me..the holiday is coming up! Sweet! (quite literally :))

9. Born out of a cleanse I did this Fall, came my favorite way to eat breakfast. I fill a bowl with plain Greek yogurt, a sliced banana, some honey, and sometimes pecans or if the cupboard reveals; Honey Bunches of Oats. If we constantly had each ingredient around, I might eat it every day.

10. Finally, the most cliched, yet possibly one of my favorite...the sack lunch. I dearly enjoy packing the picnic basket with PB&J's, a banana or apple, package of fruit snacks, etc., and traveling to the backyard. I will never grow too old for a sack lunch.

Now you may bask in the truth of this..

"What is your favourite food?"
And to keep yourself from going on a food crawl, spend some more time reading BecKyle's list! (P.S. she is pregnant right now, so it could be quite the interesting read :) )

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I did warn my readers of my weirdo prego brain food choices as well. Also, your mom's Mexican food should've made my list as well, YUM.

    ReplyDelete