Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: Favorite Spring Outifts


This week our theme is "favorite spring outfits". Buuut I'm going to throw it for a loop and go a bit of a different route. My outfits are rarely the same, I mix and match. The trick to having a diverse closet that multiplies itself, is essential pieces that do just that. So instead of ten outfits, I am going to list ten variables that make up my favorite parts of a spring closet. Check out BecKyle's List as well (you won't regret it, she's basically amazing at this kind of thing).

1. Jean Jacket
Ok so maybe this is cheating a little, because I will wear a jean jacket like all year long if I can, but that's just another part of having a closet that is "bigger on the inside" :)
Full or half length, sleeves rolled up or down, dark or light wash...I.love.jean.jackets.

2. Bubbly Jewelry
I would wear a whole rainbow of necklaces like this, they just shout Spring to me.

Or ones like this...



3. White Sundress
White sundresses are the bomb. Being classic and timeless, they are definitely essential for a spring closet to me. Sweet and Simple.

4. Cowboy Boots
I have few dresses in my closet that I won't put a pair of cowboy boots with. I don't have a pair like this, but upon finding this picture I had to share.


5. Lightly Colored Cardigans
I'm not a huge fan of pastels, they have to be certain shades...but a pastel cardigan with the right outfit is definitely a spring must.

6. Sandals
Sandals can be worn with almost anything in a spring and summer wardrobe, plus who doesn't love a great pair of sandals :)

7. Floral, floral, floral
My favorite place to buy clothes (Plato's Closet) had a pop-up shop this month dedicated to "flirty and floral" pieces. It was heavenly. Surprisingly my mother and I exercised self control and didn't over-do it. I'm pretty picky with what floral print I like..and I love dresses like this. Floral is just wonderful.

8. Headbands!
I don't often resort to accessories on my head, but I love headbands.

9. Capris
I don't quite know why I love Capris so much, buuuuut I really do. Usually I roll up a pair of jeans I already have and voila! Don't have to buy a whole other pair of pants. When looking for a image of capris, I stumbled across this lovely outfit.

10 Flats
Shoes, shoes, and more shoes! Since I only have 10 to list, I'll include TOMS in this category.

And now talking about how to diversify closets makes me want to elaborate more...So I will soon write a post about frugally filling your closet. And don't forget to check out BecKyle's list! :)

2 comments:

  1. I should've take a picture of you in your white dress you wore last Sunday. It'd go with #3, it was beautiful on you. Is that flower dress YOURS? 'Cause I LOVE it! (Oh, and thank you for the compliment, you are so sweet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, I was so excited to find it at Plato's for 8$!! And no it is not, but it made me want to find one :) Also, you're very welcome it was well deserved.

    ReplyDelete