Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tuesday's Top Ten PLUS Ten: "Pinterest Pins"

Ah, Pinterest. The single most time consuming activity ever...or at least close. You can find everything on Pinterest, from how to plan a wedding for your dog, to how to cook a coconut. I'm not even kidding. Yet I love it, along with thousands upon thousands of others. It's delightfully random, creative, silly, and very motivating. Most who leave Pinterest (including this gal) leave with the intention of sewing enough fun projects for an army, painting 30 things, and cooking for days with all the new ideas gained...sometimes those don't get accomplished (okay, most of the time) but hey, its all in good fun :) So here are my top ten Pinterest Pins (believe me when I tell you this took faaaaaaar too long for me to decide on, what with all the distractions the website brings). And don't forget to read BecKyle's List as well!

1. Iced coffee cubes!
Left over coffee... Freeze it in an ice cube tray. Save until you have enough to put in a blender with your favorite coffee creamer to make a "fancy" frappuccino. Yummy!
My madre and I are always drinking iced coffee in the summertime, and this is essential! Freeze the bottom of your coffee pot or cold remains of your last cup..and have cubes that won't water down your coffee! Here's the link

2. Home Theater Seating
I LOVE THIS! made with pallets....
When I first saw this pin, I had decided it was going to happen. I love this idea! Doesn't have to be a huge room, and would be super inexpensive! If you can sew, that decreases the price even more, pluuuuuus it looks super cozy! Marathons and movie nights would be that much more enjoyable! Perfect for a family room or den in the basement. Here's the link

3. From the Inside Out
My favorite song
This is from a song called "From the Inside Out" It is amazing. I've known it for a decent amount of time, but it still catches me and fills me with gratitude.

4.Colorful Nails
You put water in a bowl and drop random colors of nailpolish in it. then you stir it with a toothpick and put petroleum jelly on your fingers, so that the nail polish only gets on your nails. then you stick your fingers in the bowl.
There are a billion and two different nail ideas on Pinterest, but this is one of the few I have actually tried, and succeeded at! Super simple, with just your own nail polish and water! Here's the link

5.100 Ways to Avoid T.V.
100 ways to avoid tv
There's nothing wrong with T.V., in limited amounts. This pin is awesome with preventing excessive watching! Bunches of ideas for simple fun, that doesn't include a screen.

6.Funfetti Puppy Chow
Chex Funfetti Cake Batter Buddies
Most. addicting. snack. ever. Here's the link

7. Clean Shoes! 
Clean Your Canvas Shoes! (Toms & Keds) beause mine smell...
I don't generally have smelly feet..but something about my TOMS brings about a stench. This site not only shows a safe and gentle way to wash them..but even has a shoe powder recipe so you don't have to wear socks inside them to prevent the smell! Awesome shoe powder by the way, mine smells like eucalyptus :) Here's the link

8. Gentleman Ninjas
Likely..
I believe it to be true :)

9. Wall Decor
:)
This photo inspired a large part of how my room is decorated, I love it! Here's the link

10. Love is shaped like
:)
I.love.this. Wonderful reminder. Here's the link

No comments:

Post a Comment