Monday, October 6, 2014

Melany's Musical Mondays: My Hunter


Oh my wicked feet that run
from the presence of your Son.
Like a dying thirsty man 
from a river spring

But love resounding in your voice
more powerful than choice
breaks the will I have to hate you
Overpowers me, you overpower me.

I have been pursued by the King that I betrayed
not for wrath but for mercy, not for death but for life.
He has caught my heel in a trap set long ago.
I am loved by my hunter, I am washed
and made well

Oh the pardon of a man 
with blood still on his hands
not a merit to his name
or worthy offering.
And what a savior I require,
but never would desire.
Hallelujah for a grace that would not counsel me
I could not disagree

Hallelujah grace has rescued me
and the death that held me now retreats
All the powers of darkness watch and groan
As my hunter brings me safely home.


I just adore this song. What a lovely representation of God's amazing grace and mercy! And the language is beautiful!! It is just oozing with good theology, Bible centered lyrics, and The Gospel! I love it! Have a wonderful Monday! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment