Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day 7: My Favorite Christmas Story

It is probably expected that I write about THE Christmas Story...as in Jesus's birth, but I am not going to. Reason being, that is NOT  "a story". It happened. That was real. Jesus's birth is part of History (a significantly important part as well). So seeing as I do not consider that a story, I will not write about it...in this post. Though I will have one dedicated to the whole reason we celebrate this Holiday.

Every time I type and see the words "My Favorite Christmas Story"...all I can think about is one thing. There is a song called "His Favorite Christmas Story". It's not the most special or heartwarming of Christmas Stories, but seeing as I'm so indecisive, and the fact that it keeps popping up in my mind, I think it will do :) So here's the song..

I hadn't seen this video until searching for a version of the song to link here, though it is cute. I love this song, probably because I'm a hopeless romantic :) It's just adorable, and magical. It reminds me of Cinderella in a sense, and even a sort of "pay-it-forward" situation, because of all the kindness being shown. My mom actually thinks it's cheesy, and no doubt some others do as well, but I think it is so sweet. I also have fond memories of this song, our Youth Group Band sang it for 2 years at our Christmas Program. Some of the older members who have graduated now were in the band at that time, and we always had such fun at practices. Singing in the band is still awesome, but I do miss them. This song reminds me of those times.

So although I'm sure there's much better Christmas Stories out there, I chose this particular one for good reason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment