Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Day 8: My Favorite Christmas Song

As I am sitting here, sipping on"Cinnamon Apple Spice Tea" (which every person in the world should drink) I realized, with my indecisive self, and all of the amazing Christmas songs out there...it is ridiculous to attempt secluding one as my favorite. It simply cannot be done. So I am going to list my favorite 3...it's the only way I shall be satisfied :) I guess my title is misleading now...buuuut I won't change it, because it matches the other "My favorites" and..well...yeah..I am a little OCD :) So here are my top 3...In no particular order.

1. Carol of The Bells, performed by Barlowgirl

Not only is this song stunningly beautiful, it reminds me of the magical time that Christmas is. It's such a wonderful representative of the joy found from the Savior's birth. I'm know this is a widely popular song, and no doubt is a favorite to many, but there has always been something about it for me.

2. Mary Did You Know, performed by Kutless
I absolutely love this song. It really displays just how powerful Jesus was, inside of a small baby. Because of the hypo-static union, He was 100% God and 100% man, and this song always reminds me of that. This baby we speak of, was not just an ordinary baby. Not just the cute little head swaddled inside of a blanket in a manger that we see in so many nativity scenes...but the Son of God. Not something to be overlooked or forgotten.

3. I Celebrate the Day, by Relient K
This song is quite possibly my very favorite, every time I hear it, it astounds me. My favorite line is "I celebrate the day, that you were born to die". So heavy, but just dripping with truth and maybe for some, conviction. We celebrate Christmas because Jesus was born, but not just that, but because He was born to die. He took on the sin of the world to forgive yours, and THAT is why Christmas exists. NOT because of Santa, or trees and lights, or gifts...but because it's a yearly reminder of Our Great God who came to earth in the most humble way, to save us from our sins. That is why this song is such a favorite of mine.

Now that I have shared 8 posts about some of "My Favorites" of the Christmas Season...I will end my 12 days with 4 entries that are on other topics. All still Christmas related, but I'll ramble no longer about my favorite things...and now I'm wondering why this is the first time while writing one of my "favorites" posts that I have had the line "These are a few of my favorite things" from the musical "The Sound of Music" come into my head..."CHRIIIIIIISTMAS MONKEY CHRISTMAS MONKEY, no one sung about Christmas Monkey, Christmas Monkey needs a song, it's been that way for much too long".. and that was so off topic that I would've lost points if I were in school....Ok I think I'm done now :) So there's my top 3 Christmas songs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment