Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 2: My Favorite Part about Christmas Decorating

I absolutely love the time of year when everything is lit up with lights and decorations for Christmastime, it is just spectacular. Walking into businesses and driving down roads, or being inside houses that are covered with festivity, make everything magical. It truly is "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" :)

I've lived in the same house ever since I can remember, we moved into it when I was 2, and it is big. That means there's an excuse to decorate all over the place, and that's what we do! So I would say that my favorite part about Christmas Decorating, now, would be our Victorian village that we set up. Little houses with people and scenes from...you guessed it, a Victorian village :) It's beautiful, and I remember (and still do) looking at everything lit up, and imagining those little glass people running around their picturesque town. My favorite building in the village is a two story house, with a family inside. Someone is at the piano, there's children and adults, and dancing...just looking at it, makes them come to life in my imagination.

My favorite part about Christmas decorating from the past, would be a princess Christmas tree I used to have in my bedroom. I remember the days we would decorate, I'd have to clean my room... and no matter how much I didn't like that chore, I did it so my tree could go up. It was a purple tree, and I had ornaments with princess faces on them. After it was all set up, I would use every excuse to make my room dark so the lights would shine...I remember one time trying (and failing) to color a picture by the light of my tree, I loved that thing :)

And now I have 2 days down...10 to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment