Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day 6: My Favorite Christmas Recipe

Polar Express Hot Chocolate!! This is definitely my favorite Christmas Recipe...it's absolutely delicious. Last year Mom started a new tradition, that I'm sure she's still tweaking a little, but it's so fun. We get into our pajamas, receive our cups of this hot chocolate, pack into the car and drive around to look at lights. I really enjoy this time, it just feels so much like Christmas. Not to mention when I drink it, I feel like bursting into song with "Hot Chocolate" from the movie....yeah it's awesome :) 


So here it is!...

1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
6 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla
Optional: whip cream and marshmallows to top it off

1.  In a large, heavy bottom sauce pan combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips over medium heat. Stir constantly until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.  Add whipping cream, milk, and vanilla, whisking mixture together till smooth and completely combined.  Serve warm with whip cream or marshmallows. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment