Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 4: My Favorite Gift I Have Ever Given

Last year for Christmas I had no clue what to get for my brother. Being the only boy in our family, and no longer little, I was pretty lost. I did not want to give him another video game to support more time in front of a screen, but I had no further guesses as to what he wanted. I also did not want to go the boring route and get him clothes...I would win a lame sister award coming from an 11 year old boy :)

That's when I got an idea, inspired by Pinterest, but not exactly put. I decided to get him different items, that were to be used specifically for certain activities we would do together. For example, one was boxes of candy and popcorn for a movie together, another was sodas for our favorite game, and one was an IOU for a lunch date. I put together 12 different combinations (all including food...after all, a man's heart is reached through his stomach :)) and made a master list of all the purposes for the items.

Naturally we didn't get through them all, and some were used for other purposes, but the ones that we did do together, were really great. Memories were made through it, and that's what matters to me.

I obviously won't be advertising what I got him as a gift this year...but I'm hoping to have some similar experiences shared through it, now knowing how wonderful doing something like that can be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment